You learned a lot in school, but probably not the one critical skill you’ll need throughout your career: How to negotiate your salary.
Salary Tutor: Learn the Salary Negotiation Secrets No One Ever Taught You (Grand Central Publishing) provides you with the tools you need for that key moment when discussing compensation.
Using an easy-to-follow storytelling approach — along with case studies, illustrations, and the right amount of humor — Jim teaches you how to arrive at the number you want.
In this book you will:
- Learn what to say and when to say it
- Discover the two simple – but vital – questions you need to answer for success
- Harness your social media network to gather valuable information
- Master successful FBI negotiation techniques to your advantage
- Create a one-of-a-kind document to secure the highest salary range
- Use Jim’s “Right back at Ya” Method to regain control of an interview
Whether you’re beginning a new job or seeking a raise at an existing position, this essential book guides you through the complicated process with tips and tricks that, chances are, no one has ever shared with you before.
Based upon Jim Hopkinson’s own experiences in the working world at a technology startup and major brands such as Wired and ESPN, Salary Tutor gives you the advantage you need to negotiate the salary you deserve.
- “$15,000 in raises + bonuses… I’ve purchased the book NINE times!” – “From improving your interview skills to negotiating salary, Salary Tutor is your best tool in the road to success. HR raised their number by $5,000, offered me a $2,000 signing bonus, 4 additional vacation days, and the option for a 6 month review. My husband experienced a similar situation. By using the tips from Salary Tutor, he negotiated an additional $10,000.”
– Kendra C, Chicago, via Amazon
- “$25,000 raise” – “All I can say is THANK YOU! I bought your book, did my research, and presented my case to my prospective employer with confidence — no anger, pleading, or begging — and they offered me $25k more than they initially offered! This is the first time in a very long career that I have ever presented a counter-offer. Thank you for telling me I deserve to make what I know I am worth. Where have you been all my life???”
– S.E., via email
- Read More Testimonials