Salary Sandbox Salon Brunch – April 15, 2012 (2pm – 4pm)
This event is a gathering of cool people and is meant to be fun, entertaining, and informative.
In this new Salary Salon format, Jim will:
– Give an overview of the importance of negotiation
– Teach you tips and tricks
– Open it up to the group for an interactive discussion
– Provide cheat sheets and discussion guides
– Cook you breakfast
– Come prepared with your own questions, tips, and stories to share with the group
– Be ready to discuss negotiation topics, as well as issues like work/life balance, determining your rate for freelancing, and career goals
– Bring a notebook and pen to take notes
Note: Paying online will let us verify total number of guests and help purchase food in advance. If you must pay the day of the event, please contact Roseanne.
Jim will be preparing his signature brunch dish, which is:
– Scrambled eggs, caramelized onions, green and red peppers, sweet apple chicken sausage, spinach, and low fat mozzarella cheese on a wrap
– More veggies can be substituted for sausage, and no cheese is an option too
– Various fruits and muffins/pastries
– Plenty of coffee and ice cold water with lemon
Jim is the author of the book “Salary Tutor: Learn the Salary Negotiation Secrets No One Ever Taught You,” which has been featured in the Chicago Tribune, New York Post, and Forbes. Based on his own experiences in the working world, it uses an easy-to-follow storytelling approach â€” along with case studies, illustrations, and just the right touch of humor â€“ to help people get paid what they deserve.
He writes for Salary.com, Payscale.com, and other business websites, speaks on the topic of salary negotiation, and teaches an in-depth class on salary negotiation skills.