MotherJones Negotiation Workshop – Dec 4, 2013
Below are some resources to help you negotiate the salary you deserve:
Topics include Negotiation, Interviewing, Networking, and Case Studies, and appear on popular career sites such as Salary.com, and Brazen Careerist.
Intro course: The Negotiation Mindset (FREE)
This course will get you in the right mindset for your negotiation. Youâ€™ll see:
– Case studies of negotiations gone wrong
– How the new economy affects negotiation
– The light switch moment of negotiation success
Take this course for free (Watch preview below)
Advanced: Negotiating a Raise or Promotion
This course gives you specific steps you need to get a raise or promotion:
– Formulate a winning negotiation game plan
– Find out the best time to ask for a raise
– Watch case step by step case studies
– Digital Portfolio: Customizable template download for telling your story
– Salary Negotiation Doc: Customizable template for getting a max salary
Personal 1 on 1 Consulting
Sometimes you just need to talk to an expert. Meet with Jim via phone or Skype. 1:1 consulting has three advantages:
1) Custom advice. Learn precisely what to do for YOUR situation.
2) Interactive role-playing. Simulate being live at your negotiation.
3) Course Access. Receive free access to my online courses.
Contact Jim to set up a session | Read testimonials
Quickly and anonymously find out the average, minimum and maximum salary between a group of friends, coworkers, or mortal enemies. This is a great way to see how your salary compares to your peers, without sacrificing privacy.
The Negotiation Bookstore
See several books on negotiation and career development, including several by women, for women, including Sheryl Sandberg, Mika Brzezinski, and Selena Rezvani.
Or, get paid what you deserve with my book Salary Tutor: Learn the Salary Negotiation Secrets No One Ever Taught You, (Grand Central Publishing).